Business experience refers to any work experience, including paid employment, freelance work, and contributions to family businesses or personal entrepreneurial ventures. On a resume, this experience is typically listed in chronological order, with the name of the business and the individual’s role as a heading. Each heading is followed by a description of the relevant business experience. Some common types of business experience include:
- Paid employment in a corporate or small business setting
- Freelance work or independent contracting
- Contributions to family businesses or personal entrepreneurial ventures
- Internships or other job training programs
- Volunteer work or community service related to a business or organizational setting.
Examples of business experience might include:
- Worked as a marketing assistant for XYZ Corporation, where I helped to develop and implement social media campaigns and coordinated events.
- Provided freelance graphic design services to several small businesses in the local community, including logo design and website development.
- Contributed to the daily operations of my family’s small business, including managing customer service and inventory.
- Completed a six-month internship at ABC Company, where I gained experience in financial analysis and market research.
- Volunteered as a mentor for a local nonprofit organization that provides business education and support to low-income entrepreneurs.