Sales management is the process of overseeing and directing an organization’s sales team. It involves setting sales goals, analyzing data, and developing training and coaching programs to improve the team’s performance. Sales managers are also responsible for creating and implementing sales strategies, as well as building relationships with customers and identifying new sales opportunities. Ultimately, the goal of sales management is to maximize the team’s sales and revenue.
Here are some examples of what a sales manager might do:
- Set sales goals for the team and individual team members, and develop plans to achieve those goals
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Create and implement sales strategies and plans
- Develop training and coaching programs to help team members improve their skills and performance
- Build relationships with customers and identify new sales opportunities
- Monitor the team’s performance and provide feedback and support
- Work with other departments, such as marketing and product development, to support the sales effort
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate the team’s progress and results to upper management.